Saturday, November 18, 2006

I Should've Been in a Better Mood

I'm sorry that Thursday's post was so disheartening, but I had to get it out there. It was something I wanted everybody to know. Putting the whole day together I should've been in a much better mood. We actually had a celebrity stop by on Thursday. I'm sure none of you will know the name, but CW4 Phillip Brashear came to visit us on his tour around Iraq. He is a warrant officer and flies Blackhawk helicopters. This in itself is impressive, but not enough to launch somebody to celebrity status. However, he is the son of Retired Master Chief Petty Officer who recently passed away this summer. If that still doesn't have you then you may recall a movie called Men of Honor starring Cuba Gooding, Jr. and Robert DeNiro about the life of the Navy's first African-American Master Diver. I'm sure not all of you have seen the movie, but you should. If you have, then you know how excited I was to meet this guy since he grew up in the household of a man who is one of the most driven and unbeatable people I have ever heard of. If the world had more people like Carl Brashear in it then I am positive all of the world's problems would be solved. I Had so many questions I wanted to ask CW4 Brashear, but his time was short and he had more important people to visit with. I was able to get his autograph and helped him navigate around the immediate area of our building. When I mentioned to my boss that he was here, my boss went to go talk to him since they had gone to Warrant Officer school together. Talk about a driven classmate.

No comments: